- High-performance 1-bay NAS for small offices and home users
- Sequential throughput at over 113 MB/s reading and 112 MB/s writing
- 64-bit quad-core 1.4GHz processor
- 4K 10-bit H.265 video transcoding on the fly
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Synology DiskStation DS118 is a high-performance and compact 1-bay NAS, specifically designed for offices and home users to effectively manage, protect, and share data. Its new 64-bit quad-core processor supports 10-bit 4K H.265 video transcoding to enrich multimedia entertainment. Synology DS118 is backed by Synology’s 2-year limited warranty.
CPU CPU Model Realtek RTD1296 CPU Architecture 64-bit CPU Frequency Quad Core 1.4 GHz Hardware Encryption Engine Hardware Transcoding Engine 10-bit H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-2, VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30 Memory System Memory 1 GB DDR4 Storage Drive Bays 1 Compatible Drive Type*
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA HDD (with optional 2.5" Disk Holder)
- 2.5" SATA SSD (with optional 2.5" Disk Holder)
Maximum Internal Raw Capacity 12 TB (12 TB drive x 1) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) Maximum Single Volume Size 108 TB Notes
- "Compatible drive type" indicates the drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
- The maximum single volume size is not directly related to the maximum raw capacity.
External Ports RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port 1 USB 3.0 Port 2 File System Internal Drives EXT4 External Drives
Notes exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center. Appearance Size (Height x Width x Depth) 166 mm x 71 mm x 224 mm Weight 0.7 kg Others System Fan 60 mm x 60 mm x 1 pcs Fan Speed Mode
- Full-Speed Mode
- Cool Mode
- Quiet Mode
- Low-power Mode
Brightness adjustable front LED indicators Yes Power Recovery Yes Noise Level* 16.7 dB(A) Scheduled Power On/Off Yes Wake on LAN/WAN Yes Power Supply Unit / Adapter 36W AC Input Power Voltage 100V to 240V AC Power Frequency 50/60 Hz, Single Phase Power Consumption* 9.4 W (Access)
4.22 W (HDD Hibernation)
British Thermal Unit 32.1 BTU/hr (Access)
14.41 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
Environment Temperature Operating Temperature 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F) Storage Temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F) Relative Humidity 5% to 95% RH Certification
- FCC Class B
- CE Class B
- BSMI Class B
Warranty 2 Years Notes Power consumption is measured when fully loaded with Western Digital 1TB WD10EFRX hard drive(s).