DJI Ronin-SC Pro Combo
The Ronin-S Compact (SC) is a single-handed three-axis gimbal designed for popular mirrorless cameras.
The Ronin-SC offers a highly compact design, high-grade materials and advanced technology to open the world of creative possibilities for users capturing videos and photographs..
It offers the same modes as Ronin-S, but with several exciting new additions, including Force Mobile and ActiveTrack 3.0, and is also almost half the weight of the Ronin-S.
The Ronin-SC Pro Combo is the ultimate package, coming with several key accessories which are not included with the Ronin-SC Standard package. These include the focus wheel, along with the external focus motor and the Remote Start Stop (RSS) Splitter.
The Ronin-SC was created to be portable and travel-friendly, weighing 1.1kg - 41% lighter than the Ronin-S - and can be taken apart to easily fit into backpacks and cases.
Using high-quality materials including magnesium, steel, aluminium and composite plastic, the Ronin-SC’s durable construction is built to last and endure everyday use. Its powerful high-grade motors are capable of supporting up to 2kg and its dedicated battery offers users up to 11 hours of operation.
Taking feedback from the Ronin-S, the Ronin-SC offers new design features including three-axis locks on the pan, tilt and roll axis which makes balancing the camera simplified as well as helping during transportation.
Additionally, the Ronin-SC features a new position lock system. Once the gimbal is balanced, the time it takes to remount the camera and start working is mere seconds, saving precious time during shoots.
Using the redesigned Ronin app, users can set up to three different custom profiles, adjust various settings such as motor output and even run balance tests to ensure that the camera system is properly setup.
The popular 360-degree roll movement can be saved in one of the custom profiles by simply selecting it in the app and for fast-paced scenes, Sport mode, which increases the response speed of the gimbal, is easily accessed by holding the Mode (M) button.
The Ronin-SC offers the same modes as Ronin-S but with several exciting new additions. Key features and modes include:
- New Force Mobile 1: The new Force Mobile, similar to Force Pro, conveniently synchronises the movement of your connected mobile device with the Ronin-SC gimbal, offering an immersive filming experience. Users can now operate gimbal movements at a maximum distance of 24.9 metres using the new Bluetooth 5.0 connection. Currently, Force Mobile functionality will only work with iOS devices.
- New ActiveTrack 3.0: Using a mobile device, Ronin-SC users can select a subject for the gimbal to accurately follow. The new algorithms include deep learning and optimised calculations for human figures. Similar to the technology found in some DJI drones and the Osmo Series, ActiveTrack 3.0 uses the mobile phone’s camera view and sends this information to the Ronin-SC. Users can mount the mobile phone to the top of the camera’s hotshoe with the included phone holder mount, open the Ronin app and select the subject to follow automatically.
- Virtual Joystick: Control gimbal movement remotely using the virtual joystick, ideal for when Ronin-SC is on a tripod or monopod.
- TimeLapse: Create compelling TimeLapse content, adjusting settings including interval, clips and frames per second.
- Motionlapse: Add the element of motion to your TimeLapse.
- Motion Control: Set unique movement paths with Motion Control by selecting up to 10 different points.
- Panorama: Automatically capture panoramas in multiple rows or columns.
The Ronin-SC is compatible with the following cameras:
- Sony: A7 Series, A9, A6500, A6400, A6300, RX100
- Nikon: Z6, Z7.
- Canon: EOS R, M50.
- Panasonic: GH5, GH5S, G9.
- Fujifilm: X-T2, X-T3.
Accessory Connections 1/4” Mounting Hole, 3/8” Mounting Hole, Camera Control Port, Accessory Port, USB-C Port, RSA Port Intelligent Battery Model: RB2-2450mAh-7.2V
Type: 18650 LiPo
Capacity: 2450 mAh
Power: 17.64 Wh
Max. Battery Life: 11 h
Charging Time: 2.5 h (5 V/2 A)
Charging Temperature: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Connections Bluetooth 5.0; USB-C Mobile Assistant Software Requirements iOS 9 or above; Android 5.0 or above
Mechanical & Electrical Characteristics
Working Current Static current: 0.2 A Working Frequency 2.400 GHz to 2.4835 GHz Transmission Power ≤ 8 dBm Operating Temperature -20° to 45°C (-4° to 113°F) Weight Gimbal: Approx. 830 g
BG18 Grip: Approx. 258 g
Tripod: Approx. 160 g
Gimbal Dimensions Folded: 220×200×75 mm
Unfolded: 370×165×150 mm
Tested Payload ≤ 2.0 kg Angular Vibration Range ±0.02° Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed Pan axis control: 180°/s
Tilt axis control: 180°/s
Roll axis control: 180°/s
Mechanical Endpoint Range Pan axis control: 360° continuous rotation
Tilt axis control: -95° to +220°
Roll axis control: -202.5° to +112.5°
Controlled Rotation Range Pan axis control: 360° continuous rotation
Tilt axis control: -90° to 145°
Roll axis control: ±30°