Handheld Camera Stabiliser for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras
The DJI Ronin-S is an advanced 3-axis gimbal compatible with a wide-range of DSLR and mirrorless cameras. Designed for single-hand use, the Ronin S will help creatives capture stunning scenes at speeds of up to 75kph (46mph) for up to 12 hours. The Ronin-S utilises DJI’s stabilisation algorithms for an accurate and reliable performance.
Ronin-S Key Features
Check out some of the key features of the Ronin-S:
- The Ronin-S features a DJI Focus Wheel for precise control over compatible cameras
- The Ronin-S elevates the camera creating an unobscured shot in both upright and underslung shots
- SmoothTrack on the Ronin-S allows easy shot and subject transition for all set types
- Three modes are available on the Ronin-S including a Sport Mode for fast-paced shots
- The Ronin-S has a simple and easy to use interface that allows quick changes in modes
- Mount the Ronin-S on a telescopic pole or RC buggy for flexibility in your shots
The Ronin-S is compatible with a wide range of DSLRs and mirrorless camera with camera control. This includes Sony, Nikon, Canon and many more. For a full list of compatible cameras, please see the full by clicking the button below.
Automated Creative Modes
The Ronin-S features a collection of pre-set creative features to give filmmakers exceptional results on planned or spontaneous shots. Modes are available through the dedicated Ronin app.
The following impressive modes are available:
- Panorama - Allows you to create detailed panoramas with ease.
- Timelapse - Record hours of footage to be sped up into a few seconds for a unique perspective.
- Motionlapse - Create an advanced moving timelapse for a dramatic shot with minimal equipment.
- Track - Shoot a repeatable shot to achieve the highest levels of detail in your scene.
DJI Ronin S Ecosystem
The Ronin-S is an adaptable tool made to suit the needs of any creator. It offers compatibility with a huge range of accessories via its mounts including microphones, LED lights, an external monitor and more.
The Ronin S works seamlessly with the DJI Force Pro and Master Wheels, giving ultimate control over its movements for absolute precision. The S-Bus port also allows the use of third-party remote controllers for further integration.
Ronin S Specifications
Camera Tray Dimensions
Maximum depth from the centre of gravity on the camera
base plate: 98 mm
Maximum height measured from the top of the camera base plate: 150 mm
Maximum width: 205 mm
Mechanical: 1/4”-20, 3/8”-16 Mounting Hole, M4 Mounting Hole
Electrical: 12V/2A Power Accessory Port, Camera Control Port, 8-pin Port
Type: 18650 LiPo
Capacity: 2400 mAh
Energy: 34.56 Wh
DJI Assistant Requirements
Windows 7 or above
Mac OS X 10.11 or above
Ronin App Requirements
iOS 9.0 or above
Android 4.4 or above
3.6 kg (handheld)
Angular Vibration Range
Max Controlled Rotation Speed
Pan axis: 360°/s
Tilt axis: 360°/s
Roll axis: 360°/s
Mechanical Endpoint Range
Pan axis: 360° continuous rotation
Tilt axis: +185° to -95°
Roll axis: 360° continuous rotation
Controlled Rotation Range
Pan axis: 360° continuous rotation
Tilt axis: +135° to -90° (Upright Mode, +90° to -135° (Underslung and Flashlight Mode)
Roll axis: ±30°, 360° continuous rotation (Roll 360 mode)
MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Static current: ≈0.16 A
Bluetooth Operating Frequency
2.4 to 2.48 GHz
Bluetooth Transmitter Power
-20℃ to 45℃ (-4° to 113° F)
Approx. 1.49 kg (3.3 lb)(gimbal only), Approx. 1.85 kg (4.1 lb) (gimbal and grip included)
Approx. 202×185×486 mm